Friday, January 7, 2011

Amazon Blocks "D.N.A.: Double Helix"


After Amazon pondered for over a week since D.N.A: Double Helix was uploaded to their Kindle system, the title has officially been BLOCKED from publication. That's right, folks. Amazon has decided that you're not grown up enough to read about two FICTIONAL adult males engaged in a sexual relationship that cannot possibly result in mutant offspring. That's their prerogative as a business, and even if I don't agree, I do respect their decision. I wonder, however, what they'll go after next.  

As a result, I have removed all our M&V Tailz titles from Amazon that contain brotherly incest, twins or otherwise, humans or otherwise. It was brought to my attention by the recipient of an Amazon nastygram that should a glut of a publisher's titles be in violation of Amazon's entirely nebulous content rules, that not only will the "offending" titles be removed, but the publisher's entire catalog as well. I'm not ready to give up our Amazon account just yet, but when other venues start picking up the slack---and they eventually will---then we'll consider ditching Amazon completely. 

In the meantime, I've acquired the software to create Kindle-compatible copies of our books (in Mobipocket .prc file format), and I will be uploading this additional format for our entire catalog to all retailers with whom we have a direct relationship (meaning, vendors we access without the use of the Smashwords distribution engine). I hope to have all titles updated with the additional format by the end of this weekend.

I've never been one to presume to tell readers where to buy our books (inform, yes, but not tell them where I'd prefer they shop). However, in light of this development I will make a hearty, vocal recommendation. Both as a reader/consumer and as a publisher/author, I've had nothing but a wonderful experience dealing with All Romance eBooks since day one. Their publisher interface is a breeze to use, and in all the time I've been working directly with distributors (including one of the big ones) and retailers, I've never come across such responsive, friendly customer service. I recommend All Romance eBooks with absolutely no hesitation for romance and erotica titles, and their sister site OmniLit for other genres. Lori James and Barb Perfetti---you ladies ROCK hardcore. My hat is off to you both.

D.N.A.: Double Helix
 is now available for $0.99 at All Romance eBooks in Kindle-compatible PRC format in addition to the existing formats of PDF, PDB, HTML, and EPUB. Click on the pretty book cover below and indulge your naughty fantasies. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment